Acumen is a long-established firm of Financial Investments Advisers in the Oldham and Rochdale area.
Our clients come to us because they are looking for a better return on their investments and want to build a relationship with a financial adviser who understands them. We are committed to creating wealth over the long term. We also recognise that our clients’ wishes and circumstances evolve and change over time. This allows you to have confidence in your plans.
- We provide unbiased and professional financial advice, based on the expertise of our team of specialists. They have built strong reputations in their fields, which include investments, pensions, life assurance, tax planning, mutual funds, retirement income planning, estate and inheritance planning.
- Unlike many firms, Acumen will take on clients no matter how large or small their assets are.
- Perhaps you have previously been advised by one of the High Street banks but now have been abandoned ?
- Perhaps you are looking at getting a higher return from your cash ISA ?
- Perhaps you want a sustainable income in retirement ?
There are many reasons to come to Acumen for financial advice, so call us for a chat or complete our enquiry form on the right-hand side of the page and we’ll be in touch.
Here are just some of the types of investments we can advise on:Unit Trusts
Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs) are available to all UK residents over 18 years of age. They benefit all taxpayers, especially those paying the higher rate. They are however, not as easy to understand you might expect. That’s where Acumen’s expertise is invaluable, and we are here to explain the various options available to you.
Government-backed stock known as ‘gilts’ are effectively loans made to the Government by investors. Much of the national debt is comprised of Government gilts, so when the Government needs to ‘borrow’ more, it simply issues a new gilt. Gilts provide income derived from interest payments and a final redemption. Inflation erodes away at the true value of the gilt’s redemption, while interest rates will make the gilts income appear more or less attractive.
Broadly speaking, when interest rates rise, the value of the gilt will fall and vice versa. Many professional investors and fund managers invest part of their portfolio in gilts becaues they help them to spread risk and/or provide income.
Corporate bonds are similar to gilts and work in much the same way; however corporate bonds, as the name suggests, are issued by multinational companies as opposed to Governments. Companies do this as a cheaper form of borrowing than a bank loan that often offers better returns than Government gilts.
Inheritance Tax (IHT) is charged on an estate that exceeds a certain amount of value. It has been described as a “voluntary tax” because with the right planning, it can be reduced or even eliminated.
The tax is currently 40%, so planning can save a considerable amount of money.
Acumen can advise on all aspects of IHT planning.
This can include:
- What your possible IHT liability is
- Advising on all the IHT allowances and reliefs that are available
- How Trusts can assist in mitigating IHT
- How life insurance may be able to help
- The implications of the new IHT rules and property allowances
IHT planning is rarely considered on its own. We will usually arrange an interview, either at our offices or in your home to discuss IHT and how it impacts on other aspects of your finances and tax planning – often called ‘estate planning’.
Planning for your financial future can benefit you when it comes to Inheritance Tax. We will try to ensure your hard-earned assets pass to those you care most about and not the taxman.
We will help you review the value of your assets to see if you can leave a greater inheritance to your loved ones, by discussing a range of products designed specifically with IHT planning in mind, taking into account your capital and personal circumstances.
Whether you are looking to invest a lump sum or a regular monthly amount, Acumen Financial Advisers Ltd are here to help you.
- Investment planning and advice
- Investing for retirement
- Investing for income
- Investing for growth
- Investment bonds
- Ethical investing
- Tax efficient investments
- Investments for Inheritance Tax Planning
So if you are thinking about a financial investment for a regular amount or a lump sum just complete the Contact form on the right-hand side of the page or give our financial advisor a call. It could be the best call you make today.